Counseling Psychotherapy is, thankfully, a type of help that is becoming more common in many societies. Congratulations on taking the first step towards improving your life!
Do you need Counseling Psychotherapy?
- Are you facing a crisis or difficult time?
- Do you want to make some changes but can’t or don’t know how?
- Tired of being in pain or just not satisfied enough with your life?
- Constantly stressed and not sure why?
- Are your relationships not going the way you would like them to?
- Do you feel lonely or disappointed by people around you most of the time?
- Are you constantly overwhelmed by your feelings, thoughts, or actions?
- Would you like to feel less stress and more self-confidence?
- Do you have trouble enjoying life and having fun because of constant worry or are you sad or down more than days than not?
- Are you lost of confused because of the changes or losses in your life?
- Are you dealing with new roles such as becoming a parent, a student, a husband or wife, a widow, a new single….?
- Do you struggle with diets and not liking your body no matter what you do?
- Have you tried therapy in the past but talk therapy isn’t getting you the results or change you are looking for?
Then you’ve come to the right place!
DC VA Counseling Psychotherapy offers counseling psychotherapy services for these and many other concerns.
Our mental health and emotional balance is as important as a healthy body. However, we are just beginning to take care of it. The good news is that now, we have the most information and resources people have ever had. If we use them, we don’t have to suffer unnecessary pain. Pain is part of life; but pain that we can take care of is not OK. We offer different type of help and different levels depending on the client’s needs and personal development. So, please take your time to inform yourself about what psychotherapy is all about.
We hope you can find out what you are looking for. The therapeutic process and the therapists match is a very important part of your journey. Please inform yourself and take your time looking for a good fit. At DC VA Counseling Psychotherapy, we offer you support finding the therapist that can be a better match for you and the therapeutic modality that would be best for your case. We know beginning therapy can be overwhelming and daunting. However, if you are here is because you are taking the first step and we are here to offer you support before, during and after the therapeutic process.
We are a boutique counseling center and therefore, we answer the phone and any questions you might have personally. No receptionists, no online forms or third party bookings.
What type of Counseling Psychotherapy do we offer?
Psychotherapy as it is commonly known is outdated. The field of psychology definitely originated in pathology and therefore the stigma. However, psychotherapy has evolved and is nowadays the “medicine for the soul.” We provide the care you need for a healthy mind, body and soul.
As early as in 1946 Dr. Viktor E. Frankl, the Vienesse psychiatrist and founder of logotherapy, wrote a book named The Doctor and the Soul (1946) which explores topics on the meaning of life in general as well as the meaning of specific areas of one’s life, such as work and personal relationships. That is what we do at DC VA Counseling Psychotherapy, LLC.
We take care of the health of your mind (soul), emotions, and therefore your body and any aspects of your life that aren’t thriving. We are meant to thrive not to survive. Unfortunately living in one of the most developed countries, a lot of people are emotionally surviving as much as other people’s bodies are starving in other parts of the world.
Why are we a unique Counseling Psychotherapy Center?
Because we are a relational process oriented center. Relational psychotherapy is an integrative form of therapy, born from a combination of several therapeutic theories and practices. In the 1980s a shift occurred in the practice of therapy, in that it moved away from simply exploring inner experiences (intrasubjective) and toward greater understanding of the impact of relationships on individual experiences (intersubjective). Since then, relational psychotherapy has expanded, and grown to become a widely used theoretical base. The focus is on a person’s relationships/environment and the impact they can have on his/hers emotional and mental wellness (combination of nature and nurture). That is why we offer help beyond talk therapy and behavioral modalities. We are trained in brain changing therapeutic approaches based on the latest neuroscience information to rewire your brain and achieve long term healing and benefits when traditional therapy isn’t enough: EMDR, IFS, Adult Attachment Therapy, Imago, Somatic Intervention, Intuitive Eating…
Ask for more information to see which one is the best for you.
At DC VA Counseling Psychotherapy we specialize in the following:
- Depression & Anxiety
- Relationships (singlehood, dating, marriage & couples counseling, separation and divorce, intimacy problems and attachment)
- Eating disorders treatment & body image and healthy eating
- Maternity and post par-tum depression
- Parenting and attachment, grief including but not limited to loss of a loved one, perinatal loss, and divorce
- I am also devoted to the field of positive psychology and prevention by offering my support to people during processes of change and common life transitions.
One of the biggest misconceptions about therapy is that seeing a therapist is a sign of weakness. In fact, quite the opposite is true. Recognizing the need for help and seeking professional counseling is a sign of both strength and your determination to live a productive and meaningful life. Remember you don’t have to wait for a crisis to make your life better!
Please explore our website to get a better feeling of ourselves and the practice. Visit our team and specialty areas sections. You will find specific information of ways we can help you. We look forward to working with you.
We are life
We keep evolving
as unique persons,
through good times
and bad, all our lives.
and keeps circling:
births and deaths,
expectations and surprises.
But no one has to do it alone. I hope that in these words and in these pages, you find the support that you need during your journey. We hope you take the opportunity to meet our counselors and give a try to the unbelievable and inspiring experience of psychotherapy.